So is Clay Aiken jealous of Adam or what?

I mean it seems like a bit of a personal attack from Clay, not quite sure why he would be so against Adam.

Quoted from a news article:
Clay Aiken says blood didn't truly pour forth from his ears when he heard runner-up Adam Lambert sing "Ring of Fire" — and hey, he's sorry for his "colorful choice of words."

The former Idol contestant writes in a blog on his Web site dated Friday that "I obviously meant it as a colorful statement to imply that I did not enjoy what I heard." He also says he didn't mean it as "a 'slam' on Adam as a person."

He had blasted Lambert's take on the classic Johnny Cash tune as "contrived," "awful" and "slightly frightening." Aiken says he hopes Lambert can forgive him — but adds Lambert probably doesn't care about what he said.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 4:16 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think Adam rejected him. Serously.........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I think Clay wanted some attention in the spotlight and used this as a way to get it. He hasn't been talked about much until now.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:19 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I think so too. He's not quite as "big" as he thought he would be and its a way to get his name back out there in the news.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:20 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I never really was a fan of his. The only one from the show that I really liked was Carrie Underwood but she too has gotten to big for her britches! She has become catty and forgot where she come from I think.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:22 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Yeah I think she think's she's "all that". I used to like her music, but I don't like the newer stuff.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:24 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I didn't see it but as i picture Clay talking I always think of the Production Assistant on 3rd rock. I will try to post a link.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 4:51 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 5:00 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Actually, everyone I know said the same thing about Adam and that song. It wasnt just Clay. Now it very well may be that he was jealous, but he would have to say something more than that because that song was AWFUL. He ruined a perfectly good Johnny Cash song...
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:41 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Nothing wrong with speaking the truth.........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I bet Adam did turn him down.LOL. But ,also,Clay is always looking for attention. I still cant believe he was such a favorite for a while. He was always so unappealing and icky. From the first time he was on TV, I had to switch channels......
    Anonymous