Atkins?

Has anyone tried this diet?
If so how were your results and how long until you saw results?

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 4:29 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i have been on this diet for a year now. i have lost a good 10-15 lbs the 1st 2 weeks i started it. i am now down a good 130 lbs from being 200lbs. it works really well. as long as you stick to it.
    to this day...i do not eat any bread or pastas. very limited cerial and other foods. i think it is the best diet for me out of all the ones i have tried in the last 5 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I lost weight with this diet right away but once you go off of it you put the weight right back on. I prefer South Beach because you can have whole grain carbs and it works just as well but the results last. It is a healthier diet too.
    RedSeal

Answer by RedSeal at 6:25 AM on May. 24, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, start walking; at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html .Feel free to ask me any questions

Answer by rkoloms at 7:15 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I'm with RedSeal. I've been doing the South Beach plan for 6 weeks and I've lost 10 lbs and 7 1/2 inches from my waist. I was laid up for 3 of those weeks with an ankle injury so couldn't exercise and I STILL lost weight! I hate that it's called a "diet" because it's more like training to make an eating lifestyle change.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:34 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I have but I didn't make up I stopped and started back eating the wrong foods again I'm going to try again this week and hope i come uot fine.
    Mrs.Shanta

Answer by Mrs.Shanta at 12:55 PM on May. 24, 2009