Poor guy...

I am a first time mom and my 6 1/2 month old has his first real cold... Coughing, sneezing, runny nose, the whole bit... and he is just miserable.(not to mention me too) any ideas to help?

Mamakat90

Asked by Mamakat90 at 8:16 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put him near a humidifier! Also if you don't have on go in the bathroom, turn on the shower full blast on hot and sit on the toilet with him in the steam. That will help him breath better, if only for a little while!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:18 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Go and set in your bathroom with him and have it seamed up sit in there for about 10-15 minutes. It will help him breath better and clean his nose out also, he may have alot of snot coming out but thats good. If you have anymore questions please feel free to email me anytime.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:03 AM on May. 24, 2009

• u can get "little noses" its a saline for babies and use it about 4 times a day, then suck his nose out afterwards with the bulb. the saline will help his nasals stay moist as well as the humidifier. johnson and johnson makes a vapor bath wash (green bottle) i LOVED that when mine was sick. it helps open up their noses and chest. just dont use it right b4 bed it made mine kinda hyper. :)
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 10:21 AM on May. 24, 2009

• dont lay him flat to sleep or anything,if he is congestes it would make it harder for him to breath,prop him up a bit.i would hold vicks rub up to my lil ones nose for her to breath it in,it helped
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:48 AM on May. 24, 2009