i'm 9 months pregnant with my 4th child and i have a 22 month old who is not taking it well. how do i make it easier for him when the new one arrives?

mammamacary

Asked by mammamacary at 8:23 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• make sure to spend alot of quality time with the 22 month old is the only thing . Also make sure you let him help with taking care of the babb y and make him feel important. Big brother shirts, ribbons, awards...etc. alot of kids like to feel like they are now the "big boy" but then some will want to be more like your little baby again. Just stay calm and act towards the child like you always have. IMO when you devote too much attn to this issue, it puts a huge spotlite on it making it worse. good luck. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:38 AM on May. 24, 2009

• The above poster offered good advice. I would like to add that you can take your toddler to the hospital to meet baby and have a small gift for him letting him/her know it's from baby( I read this in a parenting magazine). Allow your 22 month to help you with little things so he/she feels included. Spend mommy time when baby naps. I'm sure it will take time to adjust since not everyone takes change easy lol. Good luck! I'll be in the same predicament soon, I have a 2 1/2 year old and am now 13 weeks pregnant.

Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 3:42 PM on May. 24, 2009