How do I get my 2 month old on a good evening routine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• babies sometimes dont have a routine for months yet(my son is 6 weeks). they say to do the same things at bedtime every nite.Every nite, we do a bath, one last bottle, a story and then rock for a little bit and I lay him down. I dont know if he gets it, but it makes me feel better and he will start to learn(they say after about 3 months) that all those things mean bedtime. Cannot control them waking up at nite to eat tho, if they need food they need food. Soon your baby will be big enough to make it thru the nite. hang in there. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:33 AM on May. 24, 2009

• With your baby being so young, there is no way at the moment. Once he gets older you can get him on a schedule.
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 9:54 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Every night I go in the bedroom with my daughter, change her into nightclothes, sit down quietly, feed her, sing her a little song (same song every night) tell her good night, and put her to bed. I do the same thing every night in the same order. I started this when she was about a month old, so it is possible.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 1:27 PM on May. 24, 2009