my baby will be a year in june. for the past three days he's not took his bottle, except once a day, which is definately LESS than it was. is this common? he's eatting table food, but when it comes to the ba-ba he acts like we're trying to murder him when we try to get him to eat. anyone else go through this?

MaVie

Asked by MaVie at 9:43 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can't force a child to eat. If he's eating table food, then he's getting his nutrition from that so concentrate more on nutritious, balanced meals for him.

If he doesn't want his BOTTLE, then get rid of it. Give him a sippy cup.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:48 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Have you tryed giving him whatever is in his ba-ba putting it in a sippy cup. Some children give there ba-ba's up on there own. Try it and see what happens. His teeth may also be bothering him also so the sucking may make it worse. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:50 AM on May. 24, 2009

• If he is not sick he may just be self-weaning. Try the sippy cup and be happy that you won't have a problem with this transition. My daughter was off the bottle at 15 months, which I thought was early. My other two kids took much longer.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:37 AM on May. 24, 2009