how long do it take a cabbage plant to grow

my son planted a cabbage plant i dont have green thumb dont now much about gradening but he likes it and wants to plant more things

lilmama29113

Asked by lilmama29113 at 9:53 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

• My 8yo brought home a cabbage plan from school as a project. She has to grow it all summer. Not sure how long it takes but it has already grown a few inches in the last month. We had to replant it (it's in a flower pot because we don't have yard space to actually plant it) and it is already outgrowing the bigger pot and has sprouted 6 new leaves in the center (just since the replant 2 weeks ago).
    According to the paper that came with it they can get to be 4 feet across (the leaves...no clue how big the actual cabbage gets). We planted a whole bunch of stuff after that. We bought planting soil and some random seeds and planted them in cheap plastic pots and whatever else we could find. Some are growing really well but I have no bigger pots, ll.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:10 AM on May. 24, 2009