Preggie Pops...Where can I buy them and do they work?

I had morning sickness with my son for the first 5 months. With this pregnancy I have thrown up once but the feeling that I need to throw up is all freaking day.

Has anyone tried Preggie Pops? Do they work? Where do you buy them?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 10:03 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can buy them at Motherhood and many other maternity stores. If it too difficult to get out, then you can buy them from Amazon.com. They help take the edge off, but don't stop the vomiting. They really help when your mouth is watering so bad that it's making you feel sick, but don't really seem to help with general nausea. The thing that helps the most with nausea (I'm going through terrible morning sickness for the third time right now) is crystalized ginger. It's found in the spice isle of large grocery stores or you can buy it from Amazon.com. You just chew a tiny piece every time you feel sick and it really works. Ginger is also a natural antacid, so works well for heart burn too. The other thing that helps a lot are SeaBands, are any other acupressure bands for motion sickness. You can buy them at any drug store. I got mine at Walgreens. You can also buy them from Amazon.com or BabyCenter.com.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:39 AM on May. 24, 2009

• They didnt for me but others swear buy them...Babies R us has them. What worked WONDERS for me was the smell of fresh cut lemons i cut them and placed them in a baggie and had them with me always. and get Motion sickness bands (sea bands!!) AMAZING - Local drug store...Good luck
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 10:05 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Yeah, Babies R Us sells them, or you can buy them online. They didn't do too much for me. The flavors aren't that exciting either. What helped me was ginger root pills. I got them at GNC. I think I would've had morning sickness the ENTIRE pregnancy without them.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:07 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I drank a lot of chamomile tea and peppermint tea; I also sucked on a lot of ginger lozenges

Answer by rkoloms at 10:09 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I've been eating jolly ranchers like they are going out of style. I'm going to be switching to lemon heads soon though. Swedish fish have worked in a pinch as well.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:12 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Motherhood maternity stores have them :]
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 10:28 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I didn't get morning sickness much and have never heard of preggie pops lol. But I was always told that if you felt sick to your stomach to eat a few saltine crackers.
    CrystalJC73

Answer by CrystalJC73 at 11:04 AM on May. 24, 2009

• They worked for my mild cases, but not when things got really bad. I chewed on raw ginger root, that helped a ton. I got my preggie pops at motherhood maternity though.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:13 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Oh man those preggo pops were my savior!!!!
    I bought them at the motherhood maternity store....
    I had morning sickness up until my 5 month as well and I had to work and go to school full time... so I didn't have time to be sick like I was... literally those things were the only thing that worked for me... I still eat them when I go on long car rides.. they taste really good too!
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 1:19 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I wish something so simple could have worked for me! To me they were just a marketing tactic and a waste of my money!! Any sour candy will work just as well, it doest have to be an expensive lolly pop! The closest I got to relieve was sucking on real lemons! Its soooo bad for your teeth but it worked the best for me!!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:42 PM on May. 24, 2009