Can I ride a Bike?

I am 17 weeks, and hubby wants to bike ride together. Is this okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I rode one till I was about 20 weeks, but after that my center of gravity started to change and I didnt feel comfortable or stable enough to try anymore. If you are profecient at it I would say go ahead, but if you haven't rode in years I would skip it this time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Like the person said above me, if you're used to riding and have been doing it regularly, it's ok. If you don't ride regularly, then you don't need to. The same is true for jogging and other exercise, if your body is used to it, you can continue during pregnancy. If your body isn't used to it, then don't pick it up while pregnant. That being said, you should only ride on a smooth, paved surface. No trail riding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 24, 2009

• If your body is used to it it shouldn't be a problem. I did it until i was 38 weeks with my first and 39 weeks with my second.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 11:08 AM on May. 25, 2009