Underwire Bras

I wasn't sure where to place this question....

I just recently started buying underwire bras. What is the best way to care for these? Can I put them in the washer/dryer or should I hand wash them?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Wash and dry them just like any other bra.

LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 10:32 AM on May. 24, 2009

• yeah, i put mine in the washer & dryer & they're okay :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:33 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I buy my bra's at victoria secret and I believe they say to hand wash, but I dont have time for that! So I went to target and got the "bra bag" it is in with your laundry supply with like irons and things like that! It is just a little bag that keeps your bra's from getting tangled
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 10:34 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Hand wash and hang dry; machines can and will destroy the wires

Answer by rkoloms at 10:35 AM on May. 24, 2009

• I buy my bra's at walmart.. I do not have time to wash them by hand..So I wash them on the gentle cycle in the washer. then I hang them up on a hanger to dry. It work.

Answer by louise2 at 10:38 AM on May. 24, 2009

• i wear underwire too and i wash them in a mesh bag and hang dry. the dryer is what damages them i think. make sure you put them in a small bag because you want the least amount of movement within the bag while they are washing. i also wear my bras about 3 times before i wash them. the oils of your body will damage the fibers if you wear them too long and washing them too often just finishes them off faster. i can wear my bras for a good 6 months before i have to get rid of them.
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 8:35 PM on May. 24, 2009

• You're supposed to hand wash and hang dry all bras because the lycra deteriorates with heat. But who in the real world does that? I would suggest using a lingerie bag and washing on delicate with low heat on the dryer.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:57 PM on May. 24, 2009