What is a fever temp in in a 3 month old?

I am leaving my son for the 1st time with a sitter (who I trust with all my heart) and I am making her a list/rules/things she shoudl know list~ I am not a worry wart, he is just my son and he deserves to have the best care possible and she deserves to know whats going on~ So what is a temp? Under the arm???? What else should I include???
Thanks!!!

ashley_hatty

Asked by ashley_hatty at 10:35 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A babies temp is the same as anyone elses the AVERAGE is 98.6 dagrees! So if it is a little higher or a little lower dont worry, under the arm add a dagree. Anything higher should be treated with motrion or tylenol.
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 10:38 AM on May. 24, 2009

• A fever for a baby 3 months and under is a rectal temp of 100.5 or greater.
    Under the arm temps can really vary... but on average a normal temp would be 97.8-98.9.
    If you had a temp of 99.5 I would take a rectal temp and see what it was... as a general rule you add a degree to an under arm temp... but it's not always right...
    If you had a temp of 99.5 under arm, you could take a rectal temp and it might be 99.8 and be just fine or it could be higher liker 101... so rectal is best! Much more accurate. (my point is teach you sitter to do rectal)

Other things to include.. a list of people to call if she needs someone
    Neighbors names if needed
    Emebergency numbers
    A general routine for your baby
    Things your baby likes or doesn't like or things to help your baby calm down
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:25 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Rectal is the most accurate. Average is 97.8-99.8. Up to about 100.5 is low grade, 101.5 is when you give Tylenol.

According to OUR pediatrician.

You need to get medical information from YOUR pediatrician for how HE (or she) wants to treat YOUR child.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:35 AM on May. 24, 2009

• advice i got from my mom who is a nurse. a temp taken in the ear should have 1degree added to it and a temp taken under the arm should have 1.5 degrees added. 100.3 is a temperature that requires immediate attention, but anything under that may require attention depending on the symptoms that accompany it.
    njsnmz0811

Answer by njsnmz0811 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2011