How many eggs can my DS have

I am hearing alot of mixed information on the amount of eggs and or egg yolks a young child may have. Ive heard any where from one a day to only one a week. I understand that watching your childs diet and promoting good healthy eating habits early on is key to a healthy child. I also know that eggs contain a decent amount of cholesterol in them. Any one know what the limit is or if there is a healthy limit.

Amber-Skye

Asked by Amber-Skye at 10:53 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Health

• I've read that kids can have up to three eggs per week: http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/weeklyquestion/a/031302_ask.htm
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 10:59 AM on May. 24, 2009

• No eggwhite before age one. My daughter had an egg a day (usually hard boiled, mixed with hummus) starting on her 1st birthday. Be careful when you buy eggs. Free range eggs have much more nutrition than the conventional ones, and generally have less cholesterol.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:02 AM on May. 24, 2009

• my kid eats however many she wants, it's a battle to get her to eat sometimes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 24, 2009