sick!

I havnt been to the doctors yet I have about a week to go an I just got sick! :( what medicine am I allowed to use or not allowed to use. Or can I at least have a cough drop?

Goodness I hate being sick :(.....

akalei

Asked by akalei at 11:15 AM on May. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well what is wrong with you?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:16 AM on May. 24, 2009

• What kind of sick? You can use regular sudafed for sinus, and cough drops are fine. Also regular saline nasal spray but nothing more. You can take tylonol if you have a fever, but I think that's all that's allowed. Maybe you could call the nurse at your dr office tomorrow for advice? that way she could tell you for your specific pregnancy.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:18 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Oops sorry! I have a cold .. stuffy nose an cough thats about it...
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 11:24 AM on May. 24, 2009

• You can have Sudafed, Zyrtec, Robitussin, and any cough drop. That's about it. Mucinex can be dangerous in the first trimester, so don't take that at all. You can also use saline nasal spray (not a decongestant spray, just straight saline) to help clear your nose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on May. 24, 2009