Toddlers and Sex- help!

Hubby and I try to get a quickie during the day sometimes. We close the door while the boys are occupied in their rooms but there have been a few times when we caught our oldest watching. He knows how to open the door real quietly. We've tried telling him that when mommy and daddy's door is closed to knock or wait until we open the door. Well today, he said something out of the blue. I told my DH that I don't want to do anything until the boys are in bed at night now. Is there anything else that I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• unlike all the other moms here i dont think you should have to wait til your child(ren) is sleeping or away with grandma and grandpa or whatever..i think its great your having sex during the day..i would recommend putting a lock on your door tho..or try and get them doing something, like watching a movie, or cleaning their room, something that will occupy them for a few minutes while yer gettin your groove on..whatever you end up doing dont stop the love making!!!!!!!!! have fun!! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:36 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Lock the bedroom door!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:21 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Put a lock on your door.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:22 AM on May. 24, 2009

• i don't have sex with my dh unless our dd is asleep or @ my mom's house
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:23 AM on May. 24, 2009

• Best thing to do is get a lock on the door. If you can't put a lock on the bedroom door try the bathroom. Most houses have locks on the bathroom doors, take your quickie to the shower. Good luck!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:51 AM on May. 24, 2009

• LOCK THE DOOR!!!!!
    BSFreeMama

Answer by BSFreeMama at 12:16 PM on May. 24, 2009

• what is the urge that you can wait night time, put a lock in the frickin door if you are so horny.

Anonymous

• yeah- i kinda had the same problem (i like to do it in the morning or afternoon because im so tired at night, raising 3 kids while pregnant can be draining so if i want some i have to do it early) but i have and extra room in our house past the kitchen so we go into that backroom and lock that door, but one time in the heat of the moment we forgot to and my oldest whos 5 walked in just as we finished lol we hurried him out but when we left to go back in the living room he asks "why were guys naked?" lol so we were like oh we just had to change our clothes! i think he knew we were bsing because we still had on the same clothes but he didnt ask anything else but ever since then everytime we are behind closed doors with out him he tries to walk in on something- like hes curious to know whats been going on- the only thing that has helped is locking the door- not sure what else to do either- curious, what did ur son say to u?
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:32 PM on May. 24, 2009

• You said you have a toddler. Why are you having sex while their awake? We never do that unless my kids are sleeping, thats it. And in my opinion, if you lock the door that might make them curious and upset by that and start pounding on the door than you will have to stop anyway. IDK, it wouldnt be me.
    Anonymous

• I agree, lock the door. If there was a real problem they would bang on the door or you would hear them. Besides you had already told him to knock and wait for the door to be opens so locking it would just enforce that habit, not hurt anything. Same process whether it's locked or not. Knock and wait for it to be answered.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:56 PM on May. 24, 2009