Is anyone on EST watching this documentary on A&E called "Jesus Camp"?

I just came across this doc. and this woman that runs this fundamentalist pendecostal religious camp for kids actually said "I want to see children laying down their lives for god". This b...h is f....in crazy.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 12:19 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• And HOLY CRAP! It just went to commercial.

Those people are BRAINWASHING those children.

And here I was thinking that we as human beings were becoming more TOLERANT towards people that are different.

"This means war?"

"Dead churches?"

WHAT THE HELL.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:10 PM on May. 24, 2009

• That show makes me SICK!!!  I cannot bare to stand the hatred that they teach.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 12:20 PM on May. 24, 2009

• So that should be on the west coast around 1 then huh? I'll have to see what you are talking about. And respond later.

You've peaked my interest here. ???

Is it a series??
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:26 PM on May. 24, 2009

• My husband and I have it on our Netflix. I have been wanting to watch it. Now I will just have to!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:33 PM on May. 24, 2009

• What I find funny is this camp is in a place called Devils Lake.

Anonymous

• This is one of those cases where the law needs to step in IMO.  These kids are being brainwashed and turned into dangerous people. 

It makes you wonder what kind of parent sends their kid to something like that.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:40 PM on May. 24, 2009

• The head of Jesus camp reminds me of the crazy mom on wife swamp....you know the, I AM A CHRISTIAN SOLDIER mom....

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 12:42 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Ohhh I've wanted to see that.

I enjoy watching people make fools of themselves for the sake of "art" :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:59 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I've seen it and it's so disturbing on so many levels. One, it disturbs me that anyone is sending their kids to camps like that. Two, it disturbs me that I was one of those kids. Every summer I spent a week having my head filled with that nonsense. Thankfully there were a lot of people at the camp not buying it because it was made up of several area youth groups from small towns where everyone goes to youth group because there's nothing else to do. There were a few hard core kids but most of us were either non-believers or less hard core christians.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:18 PM on May. 24, 2009

• This makes me absolutely sick. These kids are brainwashed beyond belief. There's no reason kids that young should have to spend their lives worrying about the problems of the world like that. These kids are going to grow up with absolutely no grasp of reality. These people are going to DANGEROUS when they grow up! "This means war"??? When the F---- did Jesus preach that??? Sorry, but I have no tolerance for people like this. It makes me cry for the kids.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 1:28 PM on May. 24, 2009