Did anyone else crave smells when they were pregnant?

This is my second pregnancy and it's the weirdest thing! It's exactly the same as the first time, I can't get enough of the smell of bleach. I'm not saying I go overboard, but I use a bleach solution to clean just about everything now because I can't get enough of the smell. My grandma told me she was the same way with freshley laid tar on the roads. She said during her third pregnancy she made my grandpa drive her down to where they were laying a new road every day because she just HAD to smell the tar. Anyone else have a weird smell craving like that?

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 12:22 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes very much its been bad!! lol i am pregnant with my 6th baby and i have made a mix of bleach and water and i use it all the time just to smell it. i also like spraying water from the hose on the dirt or hot cement lol. i dont know if its bad
    raychellof5

Answer by raychellof5 at 1:04 PM on May. 26, 2009

• With my second pregnancy I loved the smell of Tide laundry detergent. I would put the soap in the washer, turn on the water and pretty much put my face in the washer, just to smell the Tide. With the other pregnancies I had no smell cravings.

Just a note, if you start wanting to EAT strange things that are not food, call your dr, it is known as Pica, and can be very dangerous for mom and babies.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:27 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Thats funny cause I actually had a very good sense of smell but different smells made me nautious instead. Same with my twin sister and a few other moms i know. Certain things i would smell would just make me sick. I never craved smells i dont think. Dont sniff to much bleach!! That doesnt sound to healthy!! LOL
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 12:28 PM on May. 24, 2009

• oh wow im 5months pregnant an since i was about 7 weeks i loved smelling bleach .... everybody says its bad smelling it but its not like i get it a smell it my mother in law mops the floor with bleach an i love smelling it while she mops...
    PeDrOcHiiCk2009

Answer by PeDrOcHiiCk2009 at 12:41 PM on May. 24, 2009

• same with me as second post. I got very nauseus around certain smells. like the smell of the those pasta salads in a box you just need to cook and add mayonnaise to. I got so sick to my stomach and I still cant eat that stuff lol. one smell I loved while preggo was the smell of gasoline lol. and SO is a mechanic so I smelled it all the time!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:42 PM on May. 24, 2009

• wow i was just wondering if i was weird for craving the smell of something thank you know i feel better but i have been craving the smell of Aussie hair spray the airasole can not the pump bottle and i went and bought like 3 cans of it i love it and love doing my hair now!!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 1:36 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Yes...this is weird. I craved the smell of water hose water. It has a distinct smell.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:19 PM on May. 24, 2009