Tunnel vision during pregnancy

I had morning sickness yesterday until about 2pm. I was feeling much better by late afternoon and decided to go to the movies with my family. We were standing at the concession and I started to get very light headed. I went to sit down and I had tunnel vision. I was very sweaty and clammy. Obviously this isn't normal. But I am wondering if a lot of woman experience this during pregnancy. If so, what is the cause?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like your blood pressure bottomed out. I get it quite frequently pregnant or not. Sitting down when you feel it helps alot. When you stand up, do it slowly, it decreases the probability of starting the dizziness. If you start to feel dizzy and don't have anywhere to really sit down right away, you can lean on something, it takes some of the pressure off your feet and can help. I have also found that if I am at a store, I can lean on the cart and if I stroll a little bit, it help me until either feeling decreases or if it gets worse then I immediately find a place to sit down, even if it's on the floor.
    I hope this help you.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 5:34 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I get that alot but its from a preexisting medical condition. That happens to me right before i pass out. Its good that you were able to sit down right away. If i were you i would bring that up to your doctor. That could be a sign of you being anemic or having trouble with your blood pressure. Try to stay off your feet as much as you can till you are able to talk to your doctor just in case you have preeclampsia(sp?) Hope your feeling better just be careful.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:36 PM on May. 24, 2009

• u had the dizzy spell.. it happened to me 7 times so far, but theres nothing wrong with me or anything.. it runs in the family. my mother fainted a few times with me and my brother and my grandmother had the spells alot.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 1:52 AM on May. 25, 2009