Do you think its rude?

To have invited someone to a birthday party and they said they would come, but never showed and you go to call them and they were like, Oh! we forgot! sorry. My daughter had a b-day party sat. and we invited the neighbors kids. The Grandmother said they were coming, but when it was 20 after the time for them to be there, I called and thats what she said! I was like okay, thanks anyway! But I was livid I had planned on them being their, cuz I bought all this stuff to make goody bags for the kids. Spent alot of money for these other children to have a good time! The least she could have done is called me if she new they were not going to come, cuz i feel if you really intend on coming you'd make sure you didn't forget! anyways. whould you think that was rude?

soonmommyof3

Asked by soonmommyof3 at 12:59 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Entertainment

• Yeah its rude, it really is, but as a mother of 4, I can tell you that these things do happen. I sometimes forget to write stuff down and with all we do, its guaranteed that I will forget something. I feel so very badly when that happens and I usually try to make it up to that person and I don't act like it was no big deal. I really do feel badly, but it has happened to me before.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:05 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Well, that kind of stuff happens with kids parties. She probably shouldn't have said she WOULD come but people do forget things sometimes.
    Anonymous

• well yea thats kinda shady. it does suck for moms who go all out for the other kids to have a good time at the childs bday party. So if you say your going, THEN GO! If not, call a few days in advance at least so they know not to be expecting you
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 1:03 PM on May. 24, 2009

• yeah, its really shady cuz she said I was going to call you, but I forgot! so that told me she never had any intention on coming in the first place.

well yea thats kinda shady. it does suck for moms who go all out for the other kids to have a good time at the childs bday party. So if you say your going, THEN GO! If not, call a few days in advance at least so they know not to be expecting you
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:05 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Honestly its to be expected from at least one guest. Its just natural to get enough for the whole party because there is always someone who will not show that confirmed and someone who did not confirm that shows.
    Anonymous

• Yea...i mean, i hate it when people just say they are going because they are to afraid of saying no. Just say NO! That way we dont have to spend a ton of money on your child or extra food if you arent going.....So just be honest.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 1:08 PM on May. 24, 2009

• And yes, i understand this happens all the time......I am sure Ive done it to. But really, we all need to just be honest with our friends and say no if we arent planning on going. It makes it easier on everyone
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 1:09 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Well IMO, when your already on a tight budget, its not natural to get enough or to expect a guest that said they would come, not come. I do expect someone who never confirmed to come. IMO that is.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:11 PM on May. 24, 2009

• yes! exactly!... If I new I didn't want to go to something or wouldn't be able to make it I would say No, but not everyone is as considerate as me! oh well.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:12 PM on May. 24, 2009

• People truly do forget and you can't expect a call if they forgot. And even people who do confirm may not show up, so it is to be expected. It's not right but you should always expect the unexpected.

Anonymous