• In the Spotlight:

Does your DH want to include his family in everything?

Anytime I want to go to the beach he invites them or the zoo or anything. I was talking about how we should go to Disney World when our son is older and he said let's invite our families. Mine probably wouldn't go. His mom is always wants to be in charge and I hate always have to do things her way!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i am so glad mines doesnt do that we always do our own thing i hate majority of his family and he hates a majority of mines so we are pretty neutral
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 1:46 PM on May. 24, 2009

• No its not like that in my family insted we dont even tell them about it and my Mother and Grandmother find out and envite themselves. Thats the only problem i have. Right now i have to deal with my Grandmother wanting to be there in the delivery room when i have my first in July.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:46 PM on May. 24, 2009

• My ex DH was like this. We are now divorced in part b/c I could not handle always being last behind his family. It got to the point where if his mom said one thing & I said another, he would side with his mom. We did everything with his family. He still does. If I had it to do over again, I would not do as much with his family.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:51 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Our families respect that sometimes we want to do things with just us, and other times, we would like the extended family there. Sounds like you need to discuss your feelings with your husband, and let him know that although you love his family and respect how involved he is with them, sometimes it would be good to do things without them. I hope it works out for you! Good luck!
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 1:51 PM on May. 24, 2009

• No he's not...theyre not extremely close that way....he has 9 brothers and sisters...I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but he's actually closer and sees more of my family than his and we all live in the same town....anyway, his parents have 20 other grandkids, so I don't think theyre TOO anxious to be involved in everything. :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:51 PM on May. 24, 2009

• No, my husband isn't like that with his or mine. It sounds like your husband either has great relationship with his family and is confused about how to seperate his/ ya'lls family life. Or he is just trying to make a good impression on them. Which ever the case... Let him know that you would like to do something with just you,him and the kiddos if you have them.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:53 PM on May. 24, 2009

• No he does not.
    Anonymous

• Just tell your husband that you think it would be nice to do something with just your family. The family that you and him created together. Express how important that is to you. It's okay to have his family come on some trips. sure. But sometimes you just want quality time with the family the two of you made together.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:10 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Are you kidding? He's tried to keep me AWAY from his family! He's afraid one of them will say something that will offend me, which will piss him off. I've only met a few of his family members, and we've been together for almost 4 years. He says he has brothers (his mom was married a few times, so I've never met them). His dad lives with us, and since we've moved from his home state (NY), we now live in my home state (CA). His family is not as big as mine at all.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 2:11 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Yes and I include mine as well. We are both very close to our families and we do a lot together. His family is MY family and my family is HIS family. When we got married 2 families joined together and made 1 really large family.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:25 PM on May. 24, 2009