for mommys that are against Vaxing.....just wondering.

Usually I see that mommys that are against vaxing are also against vitamins and anything "artificial" such as any type of medications....so my question is, what are you going to do if your child truly does get sick?? with an infection, virus, bacterial thing or whatever...not necessarily diseases that have to do with vaxing...I usually just see a correlation. Im just curious by the way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know several non-vaxing families IRL (we're one of them) and not a single one of them is against all conventional medicine. We are all against the overuse of antibiotics (which is proven to be unhealthy and dangerous in the long-run as the consequences of abx-resistant bacteria becomes more and more of an issue) but my 6yo was on abx once, and my 4 yo was once as well. For stitches, broken bones, or other serious injury, we certainly will use the ER. We tend to use conventional medicine as a last resort - we try to prevent through healthy living, and if there is an illness or injury that can be treated at home then we treat it at home. If it is something that we do not have the means or skill to handle, we would go to the hospital, or at least make an appt with our PCP. If my child had cancer, we may pursue alternative treatments, but they would definitely be under the care of an oncologist!!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:36 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I do vaccinate, but I think many moms who oppose traditional medicine believe they are making their children's immune systems stronger. Therefor they don't think their kids will get seriously ill.

Anonymous

• There are many moms that are anti vax but still give their children vitamens. They just make sure that the vitamins are made from whole foods. And when you say medications i'm assuming you mean conventional medicine. Many ppl who are anti vax have alternative methods.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:14 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Ya but inevitably they WILL its just a matter of when, thats why im wonering what they will do
    Anonymous

• outstandingLove...I understand that..but SOME moms are against EVERYTHING and I was wondering what THEY would do if their LO got sick.....
    Anonymous

• Like i said. They use alternative medicines. You should join the simple, organic living group and look around.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:19 PM on May. 24, 2009

• What in the hell is a "vax"?
    Anonymous

• vaccinations...
    Anonymous

• Collinsky...thank you, that's all i was wondering....definitely not trying to start arguments....Im kinda tired of all the arguments on this website...
    Anonymous

• I'm not against traditional/conventional medicine, but I am against the "ingredients" in vaccinations, i.e. aborted fetuses (if you don't believe me, check out the CDC website for ingredients) and lots of the other ingredients. I am 100% against abortions, so using a vaccination that was developed from an aborted fetus is IMO supporting abortion and/or saying it's OK to abort. Nope. Not me.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:42 PM on May. 24, 2009