Do you ever feel like such a failure?

I feel like a fat pig :( no body's fault but mine.
Yesterday I took the kids to the park and kind of joined in too in whatever they were playing and took lots of pictures, Now looking back at the picture I look like I have gained some weight. I never knew until I saw these pictures :(
I knew I gained weight but did not even feel it crept up on me that quick :(
I was 145lbs now I am 165lbs in 6months I have gained 20lbs.

I had planned on doing something about it by not doing my regular routine and I failed :(
I ended up eating 2 glazed donuts with coffee. WHY? is it soooo hard wah!
I don't know where to begine. Help!
I don't feel pretty either, I am not looking for pity just advice thank you ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, start walking; at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html .Feel free to ask me any questions

Answer by rkoloms at 2:08 PM on May. 24, 2009

• holy jeepers rkolom.....enough with the dr mcdougall...its everywhere we get it! if you want to lose weight you have to work at it. start walking, thats a great starting point. then eating you can eat almost whatever you want proportion is key. glazed doughnuts though not the best choice. but if you competely take away what you enjoy youre bound to fail let yourself have one glazed doughnut a week or every two weeks what ever, dont starve yourself, eat every 4 to 6 hours, make healthier choices but again dont cut out everything its ok to indulge once in a while, and coffee isnt that bad its the sugar thats put into it. but walk, work your way up to running maybe, and eat less in one sitting only enough to fill the palm of your hand. i started walking, and eating less at one sitting, but more small meals through out the day and ive dropped a few pant sizes. it takes time dont expect it to come off fast. its a working progress.
    Anonymous

• and goodluck
    Anonymous

• yes, when i look in the mirror, i see a fat man............ :( i can't stop over eating
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 6:49 PM on May. 24, 2009

• i love food too!! i am obsessed!! i love candy, bread and rich sauces! i can probably lose about 15 lbs but i can't! i have been able to stay at my weight (145 @5'6") by doing a meal replacement shake for breakfast only!! i can do this because i'm always in such a hurry in the morning that i don't even have time for breakfast but i know i have to eat something. then i try and drink lots of water so that i'm not always feeling hungry. I LOVE FOOD!
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 8:41 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I'm 5'9'', I was a size 6 & 140lbs when I got pregnant. I'm not around 155/160 & a size 10 with tummy & thigh fat from baby. I cannot look in the mirror, I cry everyday.

I know it's as simple as working out & eating better but I think our emotions get the best of us more times than we would like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on May. 25, 2009

• omg........... I have the same body as you! and the really sick part is that I have an extremely attractive man in my life, but I cannot understand how he can walk around in public with me, and my chub rolls hanging out over my waistband............ ok, enough feeling sorry for myself!
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 9:54 AM on May. 25, 2009