Would you leave your kids with the grandparents for the summer?

Our family live in Tennessee and Austin this would be the first time doing this (if we do it) the only reason I bring it up is bc my kids brought it up I was like...do they really want to do this...then again it could be me don't want to miss them.

What would you do? I mean if they lived near by like minutes away I wouldn't mind but these are hours away. Can you help me with this :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well all our family lives 4 hours to 9 hours away from us. I have let my 4 years old stay at my mother in laws house for a week...but thats the longest. I dont think i could do it for any longer. I miss him after a day!! but a week long vacation is pretty nice.
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 2:41 PM on May. 24, 2009

• My entire childhood I spent my entire summers with my grandparents in Arkansas. I am from Texas and my mom would bring be up there and I would spend from the time school was out until it was time to go back with my grandparents!
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt do it. but my kids are 4yrs and 3yrs. When they get older i will. And even now i would think about a week or two. just not the whole summer.
    But how old are your kids?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:43 PM on May. 24, 2009

• i think it sounds fun to be able to spend that quality time with grandparents that you dont get to see very often, i just cant imagine my son being gone for that long. But heck, maybe it would be a good thing!!
    angie_david

Answer by angie_david at 2:45 PM on May. 24, 2009

• yeah, the ages would be the key there. I wouldn't think it would be a problem at all for me, but I would probably be very bored without my kids all summer. Though I would be prepared for an emergency trip there if they get homesick, depending on the age. I would also ask what needs to be done legally for such an extended stay. Like for medical emergencies, etc.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 2:47 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I would not do that, no way, not for the whole summer, maybe only a week, even then it would be too long.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 2:51 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I would, yes.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 5:00 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I want to say no because I will/would miss them but I think I might end up doing it.. Although we live in Tx and our parents live in Pa...
    myfroggyeclipse

Answer by myfroggyeclipse at 8:27 PM on May. 27, 2009

• No i would'nt not until they were at least 10. But everyone has different opinions, i'm only saying that because i want to spend the summer with my kids.
    MummyMiller

Answer by MummyMiller at 1:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2009