Did you use the 3 DAY POTTY TRAINING METHOD? OR know someone who did?

my DD is almost 21 months and staying dry for nap and bed, she is telling me she has to go poop or pee, and is going on the potty several times a day.
I was thinking of using the 3 Day method, and make the switch over to underwear tomorrow.....just looking for anyone's experience on this training method? do you reccomend it? should I be doing something different?
thanks!

JayGirlsMom

Asked by JayGirlsMom at 2:48 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That is the method I used for my girls. Works great! It took longer than 3 days though;) They still have a pee accident every once in a while (not often) and I'm still having issues with going poop in the potty. We started training in Jan.
    Good luck!
    TwinMomma2006

Answer by TwinMomma2006 at 3:15 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I am not familiar with the 3 day method, but it sounds as if she is ready for underwear for sure! I would not use pullups at all. They will make her backslide! I would watch and if she has not told you that she needs to potty for at least an hour, I would take her or remind her to go. Are you rewarding her in some way? Maybe a sticker chart. Once she gets so many stickers( a number you determine)then she gets to buy a bigger prize(something she really has been wanting). My daughter wanted a Barbie car for her dolls. Be aware that sometimes the novelty of it all wears off after a few days, just stick with it and reward her consistently. Good Luck!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 7:00 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Most people I know who have used it it took them more than 3 days anyway. I just used other ways of training. I figure a kid will be potty trained in there own time anyway, so it makes no sense to try to rush it.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 7:19 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Sounds like she has pretty much already trained herself. I am not sure what that method is, but Jazz took 3 days to be dry day and night with no more accidents.. at 22 months I choose to see if she was ready, took off the diaper and had nothing on her bottom during the day. We had a few mistakes the first day, than 1 or 2 the next 2 days and nothing after that. I used a diaper at night and naps for about a week after, but it was always dry so I just stopped using it.

Lil-Jo

Answer by Lil-Jo at 12:10 AM on May. 25, 2009