If you believe that a mother becomes a mom after a live birth, then why would abortion be wrong?

If the mass of cells (lets keep in during the first trimester for the sake of arguement), cannot survive in any form outside of the womb, then why not be more accepting of women who do choos to abort, for any reason? If you aren't a mom, then isn't is less apt to be a "baby?" I'm just confused by all the different ways of thinking and believing. (Yes, I posted about when a mom is an actual mom and I'm extending the discussion which has been full of respect. I hope it continues.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anon;45
    B/c that blob of tissue will alter my body in so many ways, that if I don't wish for that to happen, then I have the RIGHT to stop any alterations.

And to answer OP's question...I believe your actions define if you are a mother or not. I don't consider pregos to be moms yet...I believe that title needs to be earned with the proper raising of a child.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 8:59 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Why do you assume that the ones who believe you become a mother after birth aren't the pro-choice ones?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:07 PM on May. 24, 2009

• being a mother and "being a baby" are 2 seperate things. Why are you even trying to link the 2. There are many people that have living children that IMO aren't even mothers...
    Anonymous

• You become a mom while your body is forming that baby inside you, not after it's born. Where do you think maternal instinct comes from? It doesn't happen overnight. And, have you known someone before they were pregnant and they started changing during their pregnancy? It happens. Abortion is wrong no matter how you look at it.
    Anonymous

• You become a mother, a source of nurturing and nourishment, as soon as you conceive.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:36 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I'm not assuming anything at all, just asking a question, that came from my other one. I'm not judging or worried about who is or is not pro-choice, just--in my mind--see a connective thread here that is the basis for input from all who want to respond.
    Anonymous

• I would hazard a guess that most people who believe that you're not a mother until the baby is born are pro-choice, and those who believe it is at the moment of conception are pro-life.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:34 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Answered at 2:36 PM on May. 24, 2009 by:

* srhmldndo

srhml...
    You become a mother, a source of nurturing and nourishment, as soon as you conceive.

AMEN! I agree with you 100%!!!!!!!!!!!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:30 PM on May. 24, 2009

• If it's not a baby,then why do they have to get abortions? If it's just a "blob of tissue",then why abort it?
    Anonymous