circumscion bandage...

the docs said after 48 hours to soak off the bandage (not to pull it off to soak it off) ok so its been 48 hours and i didn't think to ask how to do it, just thought ok bath, but he cant have a bath b/c he still has his cord stump...so any ideas? all i can think is to wrap a wet warm washcloth around it and hope that works...

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 3:36 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would pour a few glasses of water over his lower half while sitting him in the baby tub. Wrapping it in a really wet washcloth could help to....I would jet let it get really really moist before coming off.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:54 PM on May. 24, 2009

• and sorry i know i can't spell but i'm just too tired to think now..
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:36 PM on May. 24, 2009

• do you have an infant tub? maybe fill it so it the water only comes up to his waist? not sure if that will work, just trying to think of ideas. and i didnt know you just had a baby congrats.
    Anonymous

• Hydrogen Poroxid would also work, just soak it and pull it off gently. I have to change my DD bandage(she had surgery on her foot) and I use Rubbing Alcohol. Goodluck!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:59 PM on May. 24, 2009