He's good in public but cries at home...

My soon to be one year old is fussy when he's home but as soon as we go out in public, he's an angel. It drives me crazy because there are times where I need to cook and do things around the house. I can't go out 24/7. Man the minute we go inside, he throws a fit and whines. Anything to help?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 3:38 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• THIS HAS BEEN THE LONG LAST COMPLAINS OF MANY OF MOTHERS THROUGH TIMES, KIDS OUT DO THEMSELVES WITH MOMS AND AT HOME. MY GIRLS DIDTHE SAME I WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT IT TO MY FRIENDS THEY USE TO DRIVE ME NUTS AT HOME BUT WHEN WE WENT OUT SOMEWHERE THEY THE TWO PERFECT LITTLE ANGELS, AND MY FRIENDS USE TO TELL ME, WHAT ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU, EXCEPT TO BEAR WITH IT, IT WILL GET BETTER!

Answer by older at 3:45 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Yeah, I admit. I'm pretty glad I don't have to put up with a temper tantrum in public.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:47 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Your child feels safe to vent at home. Take that as a compliment. If he had real fears of you, he might choose to vent his frustrations when alone or when in a crowd.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 3:51 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Mostlikly he is busy looking around and evrything i public. It is normal for them to act like that. Try getting him doing a actvity befor you start cooking or what not.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:08 PM on May. 24, 2009