Is it normal for my 10 week old infant to poop only every 36 hours???

My baby is only pooping every 36 hours. Is this normal? And it is usually a grey paste with tiny yellow seed-looking things in it. Yuck!

LaurenShadrick

Asked by LaurenShadrick at 3:43 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breastfed or formula?
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 3:44 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Yup totally normal. Bottle fed babies can go a few days in-between, but breastfed babies can go up to a week. As long as the turds aren't coming out hard and solid. If so, then he/she is constipated.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:00 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Somewhere along the way (newborn care class, preparation for child care class, after you delivered) you should have received a packet with a bunch of information, included a sheet on newborn bowel movements.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:22 PM on May. 24, 2009

• you have no idea... i thought my daughter was sick or something.. i ended up taking her to childrens hospital in seattle because her poo was so weird.. she didnt poo for over a week sometimes 2 weeks and then it would be weird colors and had seeds in it and all different kinds but the doctors reassured me that it was completely normal! i did a lot of research just to double check the doctors and it was completely normal. dont worry.
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 9:54 PM on May. 24, 2009