I've been meaning to ask...

Do you use a salt shaker with regular table salt, or do you use salt and pepper grinders like the ones McCormic (sp?) makes now? I have both, but I like the grinders a lot better...I get curious as to how many people use the grinders every time I pick mine up but I always forget to ask :)

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 3:45 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I use both. I use the grinder more at my table then when im cooking because it takes to long. So when im cooking i just use a regular shaker. I think im just going to confuse people with this answer lol!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:52 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I like the grinders for pepper cuz it's fresher but the one for salt makes it come out too chunky and makes the food crunchy so i use a regular shaker.
    Anonymous

• I also have both but yes i do use the grinders more then the shackers. I glad to hear im not alone. :)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:50 PM on May. 24, 2009

• We don't even have shakers anymore. I LOVE that fresh ground pepper taste. I also like the salt grinder. I am having a hard time finding salt to refill it with though.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:52 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Nathskitten....sea salt! its better for you too
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:56 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I use plain old salt shakers. My mom uses the grinders, and I agree that the salt is crunchy! Haha, I love sea salt though, on the other hand. And it doesn't matter with pepper, because I can't taste pepper anyways. I only use it to season because my husband LOVES pepper. I actually wonder if anyone can even taste pepper, or if they just like to see black specks in their food, haha.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:09 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I only use sea salt so I have a grinder. Pepper I'm not too picky on. I have both
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 4:13 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I like the grinders, but they are not useful when I am trying to bake and only need a teaspoon.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 4:23 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I don't season my food. My son got into the habit of putting slat and pepper on everything!! I got tired of it and got rid of them. I personally never seasoned the food to taste with salt and pepper. I know I must sound crazy.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:27 PM on May. 24, 2009

• We use Mrs. Dash for flavorings, but if salt is needed then we have that sea salt that is supposed to be better for you. I don't use salt at all on anything so it doesn't matter to me.
    I love pepper!!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:44 PM on May. 24, 2009