Is there anyone on here who thinks Jesus Camp is a good thing? Feel free to reply anon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• sorry. My dd and I looked into sending my grandson there but we were not impressed. They were not very nice and kept pushing us for money and to sign over custody. Not gonna happen. I can't see Jesus approving what we experienced but I'll ask him and get his feelings on it. Man does so many things in His name and just screws things up royaly. Sad.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:14 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I never went to 'Jesus' camp...so I'm not really sure what that entails, but I did go to Catholic camp and it was a lot of fun when I was young.

If it matches your beliefs...why not?
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:56 PM on May. 24, 2009

• what is Jesus Camp?
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:56 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Personally I wouldn't want my kids going to one but I don't believe in religion.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:57 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I think that there are plenty of Jesus Camps that don't have fundamentalist undertones. I think it would be wonderful for a group of children to get together and learn and discuss Jesus. I am not comfortable with camps that are teaching children to be martyrs for their religion.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 3:57 PM on May. 24, 2009

• It would help people respond if you explained what Jesus Camp is.
    Anonymous

• I have only seen the first 5 minutes of the movie so I am still lost. But there are plenty of Christian summer camps that are totally right on. We do two retreats with the High School kids at our church a year. Nothing weird happens. We study the Bible, we hang out and have a lot of fun, we sing worship songs, we pray, we confess sin and repent, and we come back home refreshed.

All I saw of the movie was a bunch of children in army fatigues and painted faces beating sticks and singing a song. I don't know what that has to do with anything. LOL. But I am sure there is something weird they are doing or else this wouldn't be such a big topic.

I mean, are you guys agaisnt all religious camps or is there something about this one that makes it extraordinary? And what do you mean by fundamentalist? It seems to be used here as an insult, not just a reference to someone who takes the Bible seriously.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:02 PM on May. 24, 2009

• PS. I am trying to finish my Bible study for tonight, so I can't finish the movie till later. I just keep checking back here when I get up to go to the restroom or need a mental break. That is why I keep contributing without first watching it. I am sooooo curious though, I can't help it. LOL.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:04 PM on May. 24, 2009

• OP here I should have added. Fundamentalist Jesus Camp. Its on A&E and concerns a woman who is teaching kids that "this is war" type things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RNfL6IVWCE

Anonymous

• If you have Netflix, I believe Jesus Camp is available on "watch it now"
    Just not sure I have the stomach to watch it now or ever
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:12 PM on May. 24, 2009