Have you seen a tornado before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nope i dont want to either. but i have seen them on tv if that counts lol =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:02 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Actually, yes! In Utah of all places! Just a little one, but it touched down in a field and everything! My husband was up on the mountain working and saw it. He called me and told me to look to the south and sure enough, tornado! And no, it wasn't just a dust devil, it was an honest-to-God tornado. Problem was, i was driving that direction when he called. The wind and hail and rain was INSANE when i drove through that storm! Probably not the smartest thing i've ever done, but hey, i'm from Utah, i dont have any experience with the dang things! LoL!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 4:38 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Lots! I love them!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 4:39 PM on May. 24, 2009

• yes, i'm from "tornado alley" in texas! and i've seen quite a few in oklahoma as well.
    Anonymous

• No but we had one touch down in our city about 10 years ago (I live in MI). I will never forget the way the skies looked and how the weather was. It was completely eerie and fascinating at the same time.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:44 PM on May. 24, 2009

• "Seen" no. Been through one? YES.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:00 PM on May. 24, 2009

• back in '89 there was a tornado that touched down in my hometown once school was out. we were prepared all day and even practiced the emergency procedure if it hit while school was in session. it was REALLY scary! but it didnt touch by my house. I'm sure there were photos of it but I cant recall if I saw the newspaper. since then, no! there was a tornado that touched down a few years ago close to my neighborhood but again I never saw it with my own eyes! I always wanted to be a tornado chaser when I was younger!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:16 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I was at my friends house back in high school when the sirens went off.We were confused because the sky was clear.We went outside and this wall of clouds came barreling down the street silently.All went quiet,and we heard the familiar train sound.We high tailed it back inside just in time.It was the tornado coming down the street.It blew right over us and sucked all the air out the area.It touched down 2 blocks away in the high school football field.It sucked all the leaves off the trees! There were leaves a few inches thick everywhere.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:26 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Yep...in 1989 a tornado went through town...the path was from my mom's business to my high school. Sadly our home was right in the middle of that path. We lost everything.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 6:47 PM on May. 24, 2009

• No and I hope I never do!
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 7:57 PM on May. 24, 2009