Is anyone surprised??

After all the progress this country has made there are 2 certains that still remain. One is that there is still racism running rampid through our country and that a lot of people are still sexist. With that being said, is anyone surprised that we had an African American president before we had a female president? Just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not surprised. I always thought we'd have an african american president before a female president. I just can't see having a female president yet, I think it would be difficult when dealing with nations where women aren't seen as equals, not to mention during war times. It would have to be the right woman, that's all I have to say. And Hilary was not the right one ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 4:43 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Racism and sexism will always be around in one form or another. I have seen both go both ways. In fact there is ALOT of sexism running rampid on CM. If men openly spoke of women the way alot of women talk about men on here...oh good Lord...it would be ON. As far as racism goes, America isnt the only place plagued by it, you wont find a country on the face of the earth that is free of racism.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:35 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I'm not surprised at all.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 6:46 PM on May. 24, 2009