What happens after you loose your mucas plug?

I just got like chunky discharg with blood in it is that my mucas plug? and if so what happenes after you loose it?

Lovinlife92

Asked by Lovinlife92 at 5:06 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Blech.....lol, I lost mine last time when I had to pee on a gravel road! I went into labor a couple of days later. That's a sign to get your bags packed, lady! That baby is coming at some point in the very near future!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 5:08 PM on May. 24, 2009

• How far along are you? All it means is that your cervix is starting to soften and you might have started to dilate. But it can also grow back and you could loose it more than once.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:09 PM on May. 24, 2009

• looks like she has only 1 1/2weks left and Iost my mucus plug the day I went into labor but it was pink
    Anonymous

• Yeah that sounds like thats your plug some women loose it slowly and some in one chunk . Usually that means your cervix has begun to soften and dialate so stay out of the bath tub or any water like that dont submerse your self in water unless your doctor says so and watch for other symptoms like cramping and bleeding but it usually means you are at the beginning of your pre-labor symptoms. It could mean baby is coming soon or like some woman loose it a month before baby is born so it depends how far along you are but Good Luck
    BellahMom

Answer by BellahMom at 5:12 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I have lost it for the last 2 weeks. you may not have lost the whole thing, it can come out in chunks. It also doesn't mean much. Some women lose it before labor, some during LOL. It means your cervix could be thinning and dilating.

I am still very pregnant and have lost it in chunks for awhile now.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:30 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I lost mine while I was having a check up at my doctor's office. I got so excited...I told my husband that our baby will be here in one week...well it was sooner...I had to have a C -section because he didn't turn and was breeched...but, if anything was to happen, I'm glad it was done at the doctor's office
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:57 PM on May. 24, 2009