When should I set my app to get my ultrasound to determine the sex?

I'm 16 goin on 17 weeks, and my next doctor's appt is right around my 20th week, I wanted to go vefore than but should I wait till my 18th week or my 19th week?

T.Mod

Asked by T.Mod at 5:18 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think the diagnostic ultrasound usually happens at the 20 week mark. Your ob will probably set up an appointment for you to have the ultrasound at your next appt, at least that's how it worked for me.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 5:22 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Wait till 20 wks or later its to hard to tell before then.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:23 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I would do it as close to 20 weeks as possible if nto a week or 2 later. The baby will be more filled out,m you can see alot more, and chances are you can see the sex a ton better if you wait.
    Anonymous

• i found out as 16 weeks but it was unclear, it was more of a guess, because he was going silly bout at 21 weeks, they knew for sure. so i agree they should schedule it on your next visit for that day or for the next time an ultrasound person comes to the office.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 6:25 PM on May. 24, 2009