Pagans, Would this annoy you? (Emphasis on PAGAN perspectives please!)

So, I'm beginning to study Wicca & Paganism more in depth. I put a post on freecycle seeking books on these & related topics. I've used freecycle before both giving & receiving with no problems. I soon got an email (people can email you directly to communicate pick up/drop off times etc) from someone interested in the same topics with a link to a website that appears legit, I just haven't navigated completely. I also got another email which was a link to a Christian website (link below). This annoyed the crap out of me. I didn't ask nor do I care for the Christian perspective on Paganism. I'm not sure whether to report it because I appreciate that the other freecycler gave me info he thought I'd find useful. These groups are based on location, further irritating me. People are just connecting to help find/get stuff/ reduce waste/save the environment, etc. not get preached to!
So, would this annoy you?
Would you report it?

BubbaLuva

Asked by BubbaLuva at 5:18 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Just take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Don't let it get to you. There will always be somebody somewhere that doesn't agree with something. Let them worry about it and laugh (even if it isn't funny) then let it go. YOU don't need their stress and drama.
    Anonymous

• you went on the internet and found a freak? oh no say it aint so. Get over it, it would not annoy me. But I don't let things like that annoy me I have real issues that can annoy me just fine.
    Anonymous

• Here's the link to the Christian site (it's not offensive I just don't want in my inbox:) kwim?

http://www.christiananswersforthenewage.org/Articles.html#U-Z

Also, a kind woman in my area is giving me Raymond Bucklands Complete Book of WitchCraft!

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 5:21 PM on May. 24, 2009

• It would annoy me but I wouldn't report it. I am a freecycle frequenter myself. Even if you were reading the books to expand your understanding of world culture and religion in general, people feel compelled to steer you in the "right" direction. Unfortunately, requesting this type of information leaves you open for people trying to "save" you. It is worse depending on where you live too. I had a Pagan emblem on my car that lasted a whole hour when I drove into the city. Someone felt compelled to remove it from MY car for me. I've learned not to advertise my beliefs. They are not accepted by the general populus, never have been, never will be.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 5:23 PM on May. 24, 2009

• eye rollinggood !what ever .

Anonymous

• It would annoy me, but I accepted a long time ago that there is no shortage of ignorant people in the world.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:27 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Yeah, it would be annoying, but I wouldn't report it either. It just sounds like the sender was trying to give you their relgious perspective on Paganism. I know we all here it daily, but some people just don't realize that. And, if the link didn't contain material that was agressivly offensive, I wouldn't worry about it to much.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 5:31 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I would have emailed them back and said I was looking for Pagan books not christian books please read the post more clearly this was not what I wanted. Your always going to get a few Christian pushy people wanting to force their religion on you.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:32 PM on May. 24, 2009

• it would annoy me but i wouldnt report it unless they constantly harassed me
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:37 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I know I would have been annoyed and the first time it happened I would let it go. But if it happened again by anyone you bet I would report it. I got to book stores and have been approached by zealots. I put my hand up and say no thank you. I did report it to the store manager the second time it happened and they make sure to keep a better eye out. So far no one has bothered me again. If it happens once don't worry if it happens again yep I would do something about it
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:38 PM on May. 24, 2009