How do you cook Corn on the Cob?

When fixing corn on the Cob do you like to boil in on the Stove? If so, do you put in in the pot cold or add when boiling? Or do you prefer to do it on the grill? If so How?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 5:30 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I put it in the pot cold let it come to a boil and add just a touch of sugar to make it sweet corn.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 5:31 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I hate it boiled. I do it on the grill. I just peel off the husk until there's only like one layer of husk left, pull off as much of the silk as I can, then just toss it on the hot grill. When it's brown, I turn it. When it's brown on all sides, I take it off and we butter it, salt and pepper it, and enjoy.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:31 PM on May. 24, 2009

• i agree with tropicalmama but you can also add if you will like mayo, parmesan cheese instead of salt and pepper.

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 5:35 PM on May. 24, 2009

• We shuck it and lightly brush on a bit of olive oil and put on the grill. Yummy! It doesn't need butter.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:49 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Throw it in the pot cold, then let it boil. (Then I drown my ear in butter levels so deep it requires swimmies and a lifeguard on duty.) :O)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:18 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I usually put it into the pot of water cold with about 1/2 cup of sugar or so.

As for grilling, I haven't done it yet, but plan on doing it soon. I was just reading a recipe booklet that said to peel the husks back and remove the silk, re-wrap with the husk and tie with kitchen string - then put into a pot of cold water and let it soak for 20 minutes. Grill on medium heat, covered, for 25-30 minutes turning often.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:38 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I prefer it grilled, we buy it from Costco/Sam's and it doesn't have the husks on anymore, so we take off any silk, put on a pat of butter with salt/pepper and wrap it in foil, put it on the grill (indirect heat, i.e. top rack) for about 15 minutes, YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 6:56 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Hey Linda,mix some lime juice, a little cayenne, and some butter rub on the corn and wrap back up in the husk. Throw on the grill for about 15 min until lightly charred, Yum!
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:26 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I'm with Roachiesmom all the way, right down to the lifeguard on duty for my swim in an ocean of buttery corn goodness.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 10:08 PM on May. 24, 2009

• If you're in a hurry, microwave each corn 10 minutes after washing. Don't remove the husk , it keeps the corn from drying out. Once done, rinse in cold water to stop the cooking time, and the husk will come off and leave you with a very clean and nutrition loaded corn on the cob. The old fashioned way my mother in law used to cook it was in milk, several unhusked clean corn on the cob slowly simmered for about 45 minutes, very sweet and tender.
    Jade_Mom

Answer by Jade_Mom at 10:43 PM on May. 24, 2009