The bank wants to repo my car, the say i have to pay them the 1600 i am behind or they will take it, what are my options because i don't have that kinda money, and i need my car.

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• My son in law is a repo man....if it is not payed or turned over it is considered a stolen car.

• i use to wk w/ repo cars ect. best thing to do is start up a pymnt plan w/them. if they give u crap which they will tell them ur doing ur best. if they are going to take ur car sounds bad but hide it. if its in a garage w/ it closed they cant take it. or maybe u should downsize. go to carmax they will pay it off and get u into another one w/ lower pymnts. good luck

Answer by jsalazar at 3:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• You don't pay for groceries, you don't eat them, right?
    Same thing here. You have no right to the car. The best solution, get a cheaper one.

• Hide it or not....a stolen police report will be made.

• Call them and negotiate a payment plan

Answer by sara76c at 4:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I tried to call them and have them work with me, but they won't, they say if i don't pay it all they will take it, and i can't get a cheaper car because i still owe 12000 and the trade in value is on;y 9000 on it so even if i were to trade it in i wouldn't be much different, it may even be more because my credit is shot, i got the truck 2 years ago when i was making decent money, and now i'm not working at all because daycare is to expensive, so pretty much i'm screwed the matter what i do, and i really can't not have a car because everything around here is at least 20 minutes, oh and i searched carmax, and the closet one is 120miles away in maryland, and i live in northern Nj :-(

• Let them repo it and go get a cheaper car.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 4:49 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Look to see if there is a consumer credit counseling service in your area. They will work with your creditors for you. Make sure it's a non-profit service.

Answer by bizlady at 1:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• as high as gas is right now, let em take it! use public transportation

Answer by sheni11 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We don't have public transportation where i live :-(

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jun. 20, 2008