what is celtic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Celtic Christianity refers to the branch of Christianity which was unique to the peoples of the British Isles during the early Middle Ages.Celts love mysteries, story-telling, poetry, folk-music and dancing.
    Anonymous

• If you are refurring to polythesim then
    "Celtic polytheism, as its name suggests, was polytheistic, believing in a number of different deities, and was also animistic, believing in spirits existing in natural objects such as trees and rocks. Religious beliefs and practises of the Celts varied throughout the different Celtic lands, which included Ireland, Britain, Celtiberia, Gaul, areas along the Danube river, and Galatia; however there were commonalities shared by all."

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:58 PM on May. 24, 2009

• ? so they are a group of people?
    Anonymous

• Kind of. People typically think of it as Irish, in the same way Anglo-Saxon is English, but the lines 1000 years ago didn't match up with the national borders we use now.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:02 PM on May. 24, 2009

• celtic means irish
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 6:06 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I got Irish in me, that is where I get my temper.
    I always thought the Irish were catholic.
    God bless
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 6:28 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Not all Irish are Catholic.
    Anonymous

• Celtic is pre-Roman empire Irish. Before the Roman empire, NOBODY was Catholic, because Jesus was born during the Roman Empire, and before Jesus, there was no Christianity, therefore no Catholicism............

Anonymous

• I have Irish descent and I have Celtic beliefs. As stated above, celts were everywhere. Have you ever heard of Druids? There are/were Celtic Druids. I believe they are the ones who built and used stonehenge.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:46 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I'm Irish, Italian, Scott and Polish... now who's got a temper....LOL....

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:53 PM on May. 24, 2009