Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So let me understand the question that I asked before and that I do let my son's father claim him on his taxes is saying that the boy lives with him not me and I'll have to pay all that money back like I told him already unless he's already living here and on the birth certificate,I'm I right?

Answer Question

Asked by wandaluv at 5:57 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • You really need to call the IRS for clarification; I am an accountant, but this is too technical for me

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:04 PM on May. 24, 2009

  • Whichever parent has full custodial rights to the child gets to claim them on the taxes. Meaning if you have full custody or if he stays with you more than the father you get to claim him on your taxes. If you receive child support you get to claim your child on your taxes.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on May. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.