Do you compare yourself with others?

It is silly to compare ourselves to the standards of imperfect people. We are to compare ourselves to Jesus to stay humble. He is the only perfect person who we can compare ourselves to. Who do you compare yourself to if you do not believe in Jesus or that Jesus is the son of God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why do you need to compare yourself to anyone to be a good person?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:30 PM on May. 24, 2009

• We do not need to compare ourselves to Jesus....man if I did that Id go crazy..I have enough issues doing that with PEOPLE! ... We just work on being christ like ( not be Christ but more be of His character) .
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:42 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I dont compare my self to anyone, never have..Why would anyone compare themselves to jesus, no matter what, you can never live up to ( a perfect being)... Comparing yourself to such a person, being or myth depending on your belief only sets you up for failure.

midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:43 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I'm with you pnwmom. I don't think it's necessary to compare myself to someone to be a good person. That's not to say that there isn't plenty I can learn from some people. But, I don't see any good in comparig myself to anyone. I am me, I do the best I can, with what I have & believe all I need is within me, & all I have to do is listen.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 6:44 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I compare myself with others
    Anonymous

• Even when I believed in Jesus as the savior I didnt compare myself to him. He was perfect so I knew Id never get there just did my best to set a good example and be a good person.

Now that I believe differently about him it didnt change how I strive to be. I try to do my best and be a good person inside and out.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:52 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Excuse me?!

I compare myself to NO ONE!  I am a unique individual in a sea of billions and I will stay that way thank you.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:39 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Some sound high and mighty in this post.
    I compare myself with Jesus, because I do fall short to how God wants me to act and live. I am not perfect. When I catch myself feeling" full of myself" I withdraw and reflect on how Jesus would have handled it better.
    When you think your better than someone else that is a sure sign you are in trouble. JMO.
    Also for those who claim they don't compare themselves to others...

So your telling me you have never said or thought to yourself or others "I'm not that bad, so-in-so is worse than I am." or "I could be worse."
    What the heck do you call that? You can try to lie to others you cannot lie to yourself.
    God bless
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:33 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Also you could never lie to God or Jesus. They know you better than you know yourself. GB
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:35 PM on May. 24, 2009

• MO, your horns are showing again, you can say GB or god bless after ever post does not mean that you truly mean what you say... Because if you were truly being god like you would have answered the question and not included others on this post to put down yet again...
    As far as what you said, no I don't compare myself to others, please do not reflect your thoughts onto others including myself. I am sure I could have done something better or worse than someone else, but I do not worry about others.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:57 PM on May. 24, 2009