no period in 7 years

okay, my daughter was born in 2002 and since then i had 3 blood transfusions an a dnc, and now i get no period no spotting are anything. whats wrong with my body?

lilcalimom02

Asked by lilcalimom02 at 6:36 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Health

• You seriously need to go see your doctor because there are all sorts of things that could be going on, many of them not good. When your periods stop, that generally means your hormones are screwed up, which could be caused by problems with your pituitary gland, your thyroid, your uterus, your ovaries, etc....You won't know until you see a doc & get things checked. I hadn't had a period in 3 years & went to the doc and found out I had endometrial hyperplasia, complex w/atypia...which meant that I had an overgrowth of my uterine lining and the cells didn't look anything like my own body's cells, which in turn meant I had a 25% chance of having uterine cancer......This was 2 years ago and I'm still here, but talk about a scare! Please, GO SEE THE DOCTOR.
    Anonymous

• Its been 7 years and you havent went to the Dr... Go see your Dr. they are the only ones that can really tell you what is going on.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:50 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Holy crap... you lucky dog... but seriously, you're supposed to get in touch with your doc if you haven't had it in like more than 40 days (or 4 months if your on those special forms of BC).
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 7:44 PM on May. 24, 2009