What's wrong with my baby?(PIOG)

My dd has been sleeping non-stop for 2 days. She has never been a "napper" and she usually takes maybe one long nap during the day and sleeps 8-10 hours at night, waking up once, sometimes twice, to eat and she's right back to sleep. She will be 7 weeks old wednesday and the past 2 days she has been constantly sleeping. I even have to wake her up to eat!! And she keeps falling back asleep 5 minutes into nursing. She is not acting like herself and I'm afraid something is wrong. She doesn't have a fever(I have been checking it regularly), but she just isn't acting like her normal happy self. Is there anyone who has had this happen before? What could be wrong? Or is this normal

MadisonsMom0408

Asked by MadisonsMom0408 at 6:59 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son did the same thing, he's 10 weeks and has about the same sleep cycle since he was about 7 weeks, sleeps 8 hrs at night and usually 1 long nap during the day. but even now, he'll have days where the only time he wakes up is to eat. it usually lasts for a few days, if it does last longer, say over a week, you probably should call your doctor just to check. good luck!
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 8:37 PM on May. 24, 2009

• how old? my little is doing that too but she is a month its norml for babies that young to to that
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:05 PM on May. 24, 2009

• "She will be 7 weeks old wednesday"
    Anonymous

• mine is the same she is 9 weeks some days she sleeps all days others not so much
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 7:23 PM on May. 24, 2009

• sounds like a growth spur to me
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:26 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Babies go through sleep cycles like that sometimes it is normal I wouldn't worry about it right now because she is so small and babies that small sleep a lot.

violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 8:18 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Sounds normal. Less normal, to me, is a 7 week old only taking one nap a day and 8-10 hours at night! I think the averages around that age are at least 16 hours of sleep out of 24. It probably is a growth spurt, but if she really, really doesn't seem like herself and you're worried, call the doctor to put your mind at ease.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:22 PM on May. 24, 2009