Fun family stuff at home

Me, DH & DD (2.5) are BORED! Its raining outside! Anyone have ideas on what we can do in the home that will be fun for everywhere? And is TV/Electronics FREE :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on May. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• There is a great book called UnPlugged Play and it has tons of acitivities to do in and out doors for all ages. We do tons of stuff from it. I like laundry soccor. Two laundry baskets, a soft ball to use as a soccor ball and place baskets/goals on opposite sides of the room. And have fun scoring against each other. Baloon volley ball over a kitchen table. Playdough that is home made, forts with flash lights and snacks eaten under the blanket forts. Lots of things. Remember back to what you liked when you were a kid stuck inside. It hasn't changed much. Although, I won't let my son slide down the stairs in a cardboard box the way me and my siblings did when I was younger. Some things I do rule out.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:27 PM on May. 24, 2009

• We're in the same boat and we played board games ,we wrestled for awhile I've got 2 boys..LOL We passed a ball to one another to see who would drop it first ..
    I gave up & came online ...
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 7:22 PM on May. 24, 2009

• My kids are young so it's easy to entertain them. We have clay pots that we each painted with our own design. When they were dry we planted a flower of their choice. I will roll out paper on the basement floor, over garage bags, and the kids go at it with paint. We build forts and throw "paper" bombs at each other. If you use washable crayons, kids can color on windows and it washes off easily. You can get ribbon or yarn and make necklaces. Everyone can get there bathing suits on, if your bath tub is big enough, and you can have a water adventure. We played hide and seek all over the house. We made dry macaroni art. You can build a tent with sheets and hang out there. I even let my kids eat in there, like they're camping.  You can make a treasure hunt.  There are a million things you can do in your house if you look around.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 7:36 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Read a book and act it out. Like say there was a papa bear (let your son pick out what little doll or figure (spiderman) is papa bear), mama bear (and so on,) and they went for a walk (have the bears move and "walk") to visit mrs. beaver's new baby while their porrage cooled...

Rearrange furniture (kids love this!)

Paper rock scissors

categories (name a category, like colors, and everyone takes turn saying a diff. color until someone changes the category)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:05 PM on May. 24, 2009