Do you think it should be illegal for someone to work "under the table" and still get government assistance?

Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it is
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 7:19 PM on May. 24, 2009

• It is illegal and I think it should be. Assistance is set up to help people when they need it and cheating the system hurts us all.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:23 PM on May. 24, 2009

• It is and should be.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:26 PM on May. 24, 2009

• yeah
    Anonymous

• It is illegal, lol.

Anonymous

• Yeah, it's illegal, but who's really gonna know?
    Anonymous

• it is illegal and the IRS is gonna be the one to worry about there. I know 2 people in my family who work under the table. One is on social security and the other I don't know about.
    Anonymous

• It IS illegal and probably should be but sometimes people still don't make enough on P.A to support their family so as long as the job isn't illegal and they do still need the help even with that job than I don't see a problem..
    Anonymous

• As everyone else has said, it is illegal. And i agree. It should be.
    However, i cant imagine how my mom would've made it through school and support all 4 of her children if she wouldnt have been working part time under the table too. We went by with so little as it was. She went by with even less so that her kids could have what they needed.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:48 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I don't see a problem with it.
    Sometimes you do what you have to do.
    Let's face it- no one is going to become rich that way.
    Once EI runs out, what then?? Better to take a bit extra while you can so you have that little bit more once EI is done and you're back down to figuring out how the hell to make your bills . And let's not forget that depending on how much you made prior to losing your job, you actually have to pay back a portion of your EI at the end- just how the hell are you supposed to do that if EI doesn't even cover the bills you have now?
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 7:51 PM on May. 24, 2009