Has anyone ever used a diet pill that is helpful w/o harmful?

I've been trying for a few months to loose ten pounds. I loose like 2, then it comes right back. I've tried low carb diets but my blood sugar goes a bit wacky, I am currently counting my calories - about 1200 a day - but I'm just not loosing. I need help.

betsystipo

Asked by betsystipo at 7:17 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I used Solo Slim. You have to order it online. I asked the doc about it, and he said it should be fine. I lost 16 lbs in like a month. I had to stop taking it because it made me have anxiety problems. A friend of mine went from 240 to 160, She didn't have any problems, and she has been off of that pill for several months now and still hasnt gained any weight back. Good luck finding something :)
    Tatumsmommy0123

Answer by Tatumsmommy0123 at 7:22 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Try cutting caffeine and fast food instead. Also cut out as much sugar as you can stand to cut out and just drink water. I know that it sounds corny, but to lose weight and keep it off you really do have to make a life change. I tried everything in the book, but when I gave up and just decided to eat better and take a 20 minute walk three times a week I lost 40 pounds!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 7:29 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I don't eat fast food as is. I only drink 1-2 cups of half caf coffee a day. I drink tons of water. Lots of fruits and veggies, mainly protein, not many carbs. Nothings working
    betsystipo

Answer by betsystipo at 7:43 PM on May. 24, 2009

• my neighbor lost weight just eating baked and boiled foods!
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 8:10 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I used hydroxycut once and it scared me so bad I threw the rest of the bottle away. My heart was racing while I was sitting and doing nothing and I remember being scared to walk let alone workout. The FDA banned it and I'm glad because that stuff can kill you.
    Anonymous

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, start walking; at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html .Feel free to ask me any questions

Answer by rkoloms at 9:10 PM on May. 24, 2009