Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

work at your own pace college?

I remember seeing an ad on tv a while back advertising a college that would send you the books and everything you needed and you worked at your own pace on everything and sent it back to them when you were finished. Does anyone know what this is called or know of one like it? I'm wanting to get an early childhood education degree. Thanks so much!
By the way, I am putting this in just for fun becuase I have no idea where to put it. lol!

Answer Question

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 7:21 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 14 (1,737 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • I took a medical claims and billing course like that once it was a mail in thing. I finished the course and got a degree but I couldn't get a job anywhere because they were not an accredited school.

    Also they said they would help me get a job and their "help" turned out to be a catalog with phone numbers to call for different places where you could work. The only two places that were in my area had no idea what medical claims and billing was and they laughed when I told them where I went to school to get my degree.

    I think the school was called Work at Home degrees or something like that I don't remember but I think I heard they went out of business, If I were you I would just check out you local community college, they may have some online courses you can take. That is what I do and I am going to have my associates degree this fall.

    Anyway I think it is great you are going to further your education I wish you luck!!!

    Answer by violaswamp at 7:54 PM on May. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.