Do I really have to wait 2 weeks??

I got my tubes tied on Monday the 18th and I called the doctor 2 days later and asked how long I had to wait until I was able to have intercourse. I was told that the doctor wanted me to wait 2 weeks. The sad thing is that I lost my sex drive after I had my first daughter, but after having my 2nd almost two and a half years later I got it back, and having to wait 6 weeks after having her and now another 2 weeks is killing me. So, do I really have to wait the full 2 weeks, or do you think that I could get away with 1??

chelcityrocks

Asked by chelcityrocks at 7:41 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Health

• I would listen to your DR.
    Anonymous

• I would listen to the dr. You don't want to do something that might cause you to have to wait even longer to have sex.
    Anonymous

• you spent the money to get tied, why jeprodize the total out come by having sex?
    teenagemama19

Answer by teenagemama19 at 7:45 PM on May. 24, 2009

• You could use another form of birth control...condoms would work...
    Gram12of15

Answer by Gram12of15 at 10:07 AM on May. 25, 2009

• It's not called surgery and recovery for nothing.
    Just be patient and wait the 2 weeks.
    In the meantime, you two could play "games" to build the tension for the "big night" when the 2 weeks is up {wink}.
    I'm surprised they didn't to the surgery the day after your baby was born while you were in the hospital. That is when I had mine done so when the normal 6 week recovery time was up I got the green light and didn't have another wait.
    What is done is done - you don't want to risk another pregnancy or hurting your body in other ways just after having surgery.
    Please listen to your doctor's orders.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:53 PM on May. 25, 2009

• I never waited as long as they told me to....and I have had no complications. I know that it certainly wasn't the brightest thing I have done, and yes, I was worried afterwards that I may had done something detrimental to the procedure, but all was fine. The first child I had a c-section, the second I had a c-section and a tubal. Good luck to you!
    Anonymous