Okay, so I'm back to work after 9 years and wore heals all last week.. . .

Now, I'm in so much pain. It think I traumatized a tendon in my left foot from the ball of my foot near my big toe to the middle of my foot. Any suggestions on healing the pain? Tylenol has not worked and I soaked it in hot water today. Not sure what I'm going to wear when I got back. Probably soft sandals and a suit!

marihand

Asked by marihand at 7:59 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Health

• a foot massage and a half size up in your heels maybe?
    teenagemama19

Answer by teenagemama19 at 8:02 PM on May. 24, 2009

• high heels shorten your tendons forcing other parts of your leg to work when walking. Especially after not wearing heels for so long your muscles are not used to this position and hence the pain your in. Stop wearing those shoes if you can. No more than an inch heel. Or find another style flatter. If you don't over time your muscle and tendon will shorten and you'll feel great pain when stepping out of the shoe. Gentle stretches, ice, and rest as well as no high heels they are bad for your back posture and legs. Crossing your legs at the ankles is safest as well, otherwise your cutting circulation off and will develop issues later at the least spider veins. More Q pm me.

massagegiftmom

Answer by massagegiftmom at 8:09 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Why are you wearing heels? Don't torture yourself; get some nice ballet flats, loafers or (my favorite) birkenstocks.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 PM on May. 24, 2009

• there are tons of cute low styles out now, since it is the fashion, take advantage of it!
    LovemyQ

Answer by LovemyQ at 3:21 PM on May. 25, 2009