Anyone gone through a divore?

Hey. My husband and I have been married a little over a year. We have a 7 month old together and I am preggo now. We are fixing to get divirced. I don't have a car, house...nothing. He commited adultery but I got back with him. The truck that he has, he traded my car in on. I was financing a car from his aunt and when we split up, I was 2 weeks late on the payment and he said she was fixing to come and get it. I called her and told her where it was and that I couldnt afford it right now anyway. What am I going to get in court?

Christen19

Asked by Christen19 at 8:07 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I have been through a divorce. For me, it ended up in a custody battle & I gave up a lot of possessions in order to make the ex happy & so I could get my kids (he was very superficial). You need to look up your state laws. In some states, the law reads that their needs to be a fair division of assets. That doesn't mean equal--just fair. It also depends on what each brought to the relationship & what you acquired. In many states, if you can agree on how to divide things, you can avoid a court case. PM me if you need to talk.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 8:16 PM on May. 24, 2009

• i am going through divorce,pregnant and we have a 14 month old child together too. he actually signed the divorce papers but i haven't given them to my lawyer yet. not quite ready. it's going to be hard and you will need POSITIVE support from friends and family. so if there are negative people towards you in your life it's time to push them aside til you get over this. good luck.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 9:55 PM on May. 24, 2009