How do you take care of cracked heals?

I obtained this problem in 2005..and has been an on going battle to keep my heals on my feet from looking all cracked and stuff from then on.

SparklingHope

Asked by SparklingHope at 8:16 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Every other night I soak my feet in hot water with some type of foot soak for about 15 minutes. Then I use the pumice. Like someone else already posted before I go to bed I put vaseline on then put socks on over night. Doing all of that helps alot. I have a really bad problem with cracked heels. I also get pedicures bi-weekly which helps too.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 2:53 AM on May. 25, 2009

• i rub baking soda on it using a pumis (sp?) stone.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:17 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I bought a razor type thing from walmart. It's for the heels and it takes off all the dead skin and makes them smoothe
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 8:21 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I use the pumis stone and then lotion at night. I don't know if you wear flip flops or sandals, but, that is why you are experiencing the cracked heals. It's pretty common. Just start caring for your feet like you do your facial.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:22 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I use a cream in a jar that has glycerin in it. I put it on before bed every night.

Answer by Bmat at 8:28 PM on May. 24, 2009

• i use the callus terminator by mr. pumice. it's the best! i wear sandals often even in the winter (cuz you can do that in beautiful So Cal!) so my feet must be in tip top shape. i use it b-weekly and gently scrub with a pumice stone everyday in the shower. my feet are soooo soft!! and they don't leave my feet looking red and raw either...
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 8:29 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Oh man, I love dyslexia! I read this question as "how do you take care of crack heads". lol.

anyway.. I soak my feet then take pumice stone to them every other day. Then I lotion them and put bag balm on them before bed and wear socks so the bag balm doesn't wear off on my sheets. make sure your feet stay moist and your skin stays soft through out the day by frequently "lubing up" so your skin can heal when you get really deep painful cracks!
    Anonymous

• ok your going to think this is gross but it works! Just put some vaseline on your feet before bed and put some socks on when you sleep when you wake up they will be a lot better. I did that when i was in high school.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:00 PM on May. 24, 2009

• Soak your feet in warm water with about 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar. Scrub your feet with loofah or pumice stone. A 5 minute soak should be enough time. Rubbing your heels with green papaya also works, this is the same ingredient used for meat tenderizers, but I call it my home salon treatment.
    Jade_Mom

Answer by Jade_Mom at 11:07 PM on May. 24, 2009