Anal itch - way TMI

So my hubby has been complaining about his butt hole itching. He thought it was hemorrhoids but has been using preperation H for about 4days now and it does not help at all. We also thought it might be pin worms (which he has had before) so he had me look and see if I see anything one night and I didn't but he still took some PinX - but it hasn't helped. I keep trying to get him to go to the doctor but he wont. He just complains constantly about it itching and then he scratches and it makes it raw and it hurts more.

Any ideas on what it could be???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on May. 24, 2009 in Health

• i think he should go see a doctor

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 8:46 PM on May. 24, 2009

• I also agree he should go to the doctor
    luchousdiva

Answer by luchousdiva at 8:58 PM on May. 24, 2009

• It is called "butt rot". My fiance use to get it if he sat around doing nothing far too often. But it would be good for him to go to a doctor so they can confirm the diagnosis. ;-)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:05 PM on May. 24, 2009

• LOLOLOLOL I doubt your doc will diagnose his with butt rot.

But on a serious note sounds is he clean enough? He should try cleaning with water after he has a bowl movement and see if that works before he sees the doc.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 25, 2009

• Tell him to stop using soap to clean the area with and just use Dove for sensitive skin and rinse it thoroughly. Purchase him some adult cleansing wipes that are fragrance-free and dye-free for him to clean his anal area with after bowel movements. You may want to consider purchasing regular OTC anti-itch cream instead of Preparation-H. Try to find some for sensitive skin. It may or may not work.
    Also, let him place a warm compress there, wash his undies in fragrance-free & dye-free laundry detergent, and give him some bland foods to try to neutralize his digestive system. Some foods will actually irritate the anal region through the excrement and continue to do so long after a bowel movement. Get him to try not to sit squarely on his butt or buy him a donut so that pressure is taken off the area.
    If all else fails, drag his a$$ to the docs office.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:46 PM on May. 25, 2009

• Itching and pain be gone! I found a solution to Anal Itch in the Bathroom Bidet Sprayers they use in Thailand. Every doctor will tell you that you need to clean but the key is you need to do it without irritating the skin. Difficult to accomplish when you have an itch that is just begging to be scratched. But cleaning with a water spray does just that and it is easy, convenient and no one need know what you are using it for. I bought mine at http://www.bathroomsprayers.com and installed it myself. Check out; http://www.bathroomsprayers.com/info/mypage.php?page=20
    Jeff9

Answer by Jeff9 at 9:13 PM on May. 25, 2009